Sunday 5 December 2010

Since it's been a while since I last blogged, when Carolyn suggested we had a team Christmas blog hop I thought this was a great way to get back in the swing of things. You should have arrived at me from Sharon's blog, if not why not start at the beginning here at Dawns.

The Dasher card was inspired from the card that I did for my general swaps at convention.

This was my convention swap card



I have used Welcome Christmas stamp set and Night of Navy, Elegant Eggplant and Bashful Blue ink. I have mat and layered onto Elegant Eggplant and Night of Navy card stock.

Dasher


On this card I have used Dasher, Serene Snowflakes and Curly Cute stamps, Night of Navy and Bashful Blue ink and card stock and the Scallop Trim Corner punch along with the Wide Oval and Scallop Oval.

I wanted to make something different from a card so my next project is a snow globe that I picked up from Home Bargains, they are for you to put in your own pictures.



For this I stamped and embossed Serene Snowflakes with White Embossing Powder on Basic Black card stock and then sprayed with Frost White Shimmer Paint, I then Stamped and embossed with Silver Embossing Powder one of the larger snowflakes and mounted that onto a piece of Whisper White card stock, I then went around the edges with Basic Black ink with a sponge dauber and then over the top with the Frost White Shimmer paint.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my creations, I will now pass you on to Kara. Enjoy the rest of the hop.

15 comments:

Sharon said...

All your projects are fantastic Lorraine. The snow globe is my favourite - another item on my list that I now need to make LOL

ForgedinPaper said...

Lovely little snowglobe and card.

Carole said...

Love the snow globe - great idea !

Carole said...

Heaps of inspiration on your blog, and I adore the snow glob !

CarolynUK said...

Beautiful cards Lorraine - how come I missed swapping with you???

simplyfairies said...

Fabulous!

Elaine said...

Need to get me one of those snowglobes. Fab idea, love the cards too.

Fiona Duthie said...

Love your cards Lorraine. The snow globe is super!!

Dawn said...

I adore your snow globe Lorraine
Your cards are stunning.

Your blog won't know what has happened you have posted hee.

Mine must be feeling the same.

liz said...

The snow globe and cards are fabby TFS

kara said...

great projects. i love the snowglobe - i have never seen anything like that before

Diane said...

Gorgeous projects Lorraine, love the snowglobe, need to go to Home Bargains and get one of them to try x

Rosietoes said...

Wonderful projects Lorraine. That snow globe is a great idea.

Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog today.

Edna x

Sheila said...

Thank you so much for the tip about putting yoghurt in the freezer to have instead of ice cream. The cherry sounds divine and I shall be trying that.
Hugs
Sheila

Vicky said...

I love the snowglobe card! Thanks for sharing xx